Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A terrible accident

Yesterday morning my sister, Emily, texted me to ask if mom had called to tell me about what happened to our brother, Ben. When I said she hadn't contacted me, Em called and here's what she had to say:

Ben was riding his bicycle to school like he does every day and his front tire fell off. This caused him to face plant into the pavement. He was on the UMass Boston campus at the time so campus security called an ambulance which took him to Boston City Hospital. There he was treated for several gashes to his face and it was determined that he had broken his two front teeth, his right cheek bone and his nose.

I'm sick over this news. My mom said his face looks even more swollen and bruised today than it did yesterday. I closed my eyes tight so as not to start crying and told her that with some dental and plastic surgery he could be put back together again. It's his spirit we're all worried about. He's just had a tough go at it lately and this was the absolute last thing he needed.

Everyone please keep Benny in your hearts, minds and prayers.

xoxoL

No comments:

Post a Comment