Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter Sunday

Morgan and I aren't religious so today was really just another Sunday for us, but it was a nice one anyway.

I got up about 10 a.m. and hid Morgan's bunny basket (like an Easter basket, but non-denominational) then wrote up a couple of clues (literally just two) to help him find it. Dave was involved in this process too. It was very elementary and very funny. I can't wait to do that for Ellie in a few years.

The rest of the day for me was spent going on walks (two of them) and reading in the front yard (I just started "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"). Morgan worked on our front bathroom. This renovation has been a three-month process, but I am happy to report the end is in sight.

Ellie has been a very busy fetus lately, kicking around and having a grand 'ol time in there. Last night we went to a concert venue/bar called The Loft to watch The Modern Skirts play. It was very loud and very fun, but Morgan was a bit concerned that it was too loud for our little girl. I think she's fine.

Earlier in the day M and I went to Babies R Us to check out the merchandise. We wrote down pretty much everything we want so we can register online. It was so much fun. Way less stressful than registering for our wedding. That kind of sucked actually. I felt like such a mindless consumer. Shopping for Ellie just feels different. Like every product is essential to her survival as a new person on this earth. Yes, Morgan, those tiny, pink Converse sneaker slipper high tops ARE absolutely necessary!

A couple of questions for the mothers and mothers-to-be out there: Can you offer me a list of the top five things I can't do without for the baby? How about the top five things I don't need to worry about purchasing?

Well, that was pretty much our weekend. No belly picture today. I'll have three of them in a row for you two Sunday's from now so get excited. My tummy really feels like it's growing daily.


2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the 5 things you couldnt live without and the 5 things that you didnt need... good idea. And please send me a copy or post it on the blog... ummm... and commenting on the last post 16 and pregnant, i havent been watching that show but I feel the same way and I am sure that most first time parents feel a lot of the same worries. But I think that at some part we all figure it out, or at least thats what I keep telling myself. And that we are all so lucky in this day and age to have such amazing resources such as the internet and our friends at our finger tips... Either way you are not alone in the feelings you are having, Cant wait to see the new pics... Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca.

    I'm going to ask my friends Lillie and Gregg, who just had a baby, to make those lists for me. They have been so helpful throughout this process. I'll be sure to pass them on.

    ReplyDelete