Monday, April 19, 2010

Learning to leave the past behind me

Last week was incredibly exhausting both emotionally and physically, but I am determined to leave it behind me and focus some positive energy on the future.

Today I am 22 weeks and one day. One more week and I'll post some more belly pictures for everyone to chuckle at. Ellie's been kicking up a storm in there lately, especially when I strap on my Lullabelly. She either really likes Bach or despises him. Morgan and I finally got to see her kick, although we couldn't figure out what body part she was using to cause such a commotion. It was very exciting (and a little weird) for both of us.

The nursery is coming along. Yesterday M and I spent a couple of hours cleaning it out in preparation to paint it a pale pink. It's really a sweet room that gets plenty of natural light. Even though we made some progress on it over the weekend, I still can't help but to feel overwhelmed by everything we have yet to accomplish house-wide before Ellie arrives. I just don't know how to tackle it all and I get the feeling that M's overwhelmed too though he won't admit it.

Anyway, I drove to Atlanta with my friend Lauren Saturday to the Dogwood Festival where I bought a cute piece of art and a rustic, old picture frame for Ellie's room. The frame will hold a family picture once she's born. That's what I envisioned it for at least. I'll post pictures of both these purchases in the next day so be sure to check back with the blog.

Meanwhile, plans are being made for M and I to travel to Oregon for a baby shower at my mother and father-in-law's house in June. My mom will also be flying in from Boston, which makes me so happy.

After spending a few days on the West Coast, we're going to fly to Boston to attend my friend Diana's wedding on the Cape. My mom and sister plan to throw us another shower there as well so June should be a good month!

Well, happy Monday! I hope everyone has a good week.

xoxoL

1 comment: