Monday, April 12, 2010

How a nice visit with neighbors left me feeling stressed

Morgan and I were invited to check out our neighbors' nursery yesterday afternoon and I couldn't believe how similar it is to the one that I've designed in my head, right down to the pink walls and white furniture. They've done such an incredible job with it and the rest of their home. Little Jocelyn is going to love living there!

To be honest, seeing the progress they've made on their house, especially in the nursery, makes me really nervous about the lack of progress we've made on ours. True, Kelsey is due any day now and I still have 20 plus weeks to go, but I would love to not leave the task of setting up Ellie's room to the last minute.

Because I'm not really supposed to be painting or handling toxic chemicals I feel really helpless in all this. It would be great if I could start patching the walls in her room and then get it painted. I'd feel so much better if the room were even partially completed, but right now it's being used for storage (like almost every other room in our house) and it's driving me nuts!

Morgan was at work all weekend, literally, so he had no time to do anything with our spare bathroom, which has been under renovation since about January. If we don't get that bathroom done we can't have the contractor begin the back bathroom so those two projects are linked and they're pretty much out of my hands. In the meantime, our nursery is a disaster and really so is the rest of the house. I need my mother to fly down here and help me pull this together. Do you hear that mom? Help!

Happy Monday everyone.

xoxoL

P.S. I'm 21 weeks and 1 day today.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lily... Everything will be just fine... at least you have a house to do it in... we are planning to move the first of June (a month and a half) before our little guy gets here... which should be great fun...right :) Anyways, I am now 26 weeks along and trying to semi plan two baby showers in the US at the end of the month, one in Portland and the other in Boise. Apparently my mom and your mother in law got together for lunch the other day and were all excited and almost decided to buy you a ticket and fly you out for my shower at the end of the month so we could meet. I can only imagine all the smiles and giggling that was involved... Oh well maybe next time... after the little ones are born. Cant wait to see the new pics coming up... take care!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love love love to come to your baby shower, Rebecca, but it's just too far for me to travel on such short notice and with so few days of vacation time left at my job. We'll be there in spirit though.

    So, where are you and Blase (that's your fiance's name, right?) moving? Back to the States perhaps?

    Hey, if you want to come home for a visit to Oregon the weekend of June 12th, Morgan and I will be there for our baby shower. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

    As far as the house and nursery are concerned, I just have to trust that we'll get it done. I'm going to put some time into cleaning the room out each day. Slow and steady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that it is too far, i just thought that it was funny that they get so excited about it... anyway, Breeze (fiance) and I are not moving back to the states at least not yet, we are hoping to give our son the chance to have dual citizenships and be bilingual at a young age. we will likely be here for at least 2 to 5 more years but who knows, if we move back it will likely be to the north west again, to be close to family, plus i love it there it is so beautiful. Hope all is well. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I don't know why I thought it was Blase. Breeze. Breeze. Breeze. Ok. Got it. :)

    ReplyDelete