Friday, February 12, 2010

We've gone public

Yesterday afternoon I told my editor, Mike, about the pregnancy. So, I'm officially "out" at the office. He took it very well, not that I expected him to freak out or anything.

A couple of comments he made that are so true:

1. It's going to suck to be pregnant during the summer.

2. You might need your own parking space.

I completely agree with both those statements.

The moment after I told my boss, I texted Morgan to tell him we could go public. Not two minutes later he had this blog address posted in Facebook. Good work, honey.

These little milestones are exciting for the two of us. Finding out we were having a baby was obviously the first one. Telling our families was the next one. The first time we heard the baby's heart beat; the first time we saw the baby; the moment we both noticed my stomach getting bigger; the day we told everyone.

After work today, M and I are driving up to NC to visit Mer and the Besozzis including their brand spanking new baby Rocco! I'm really excited to meet him for the first time. Stay tuned for some pictures from the weekend.

Oh and keep us in your thoughts as we attempt to navigate the roads today. It's supposed to snow down here this afternoon (about 4 inches is what's being forecasted) so everyone's freaking out. What can I say, it's the South.

Happy Friday!

xoxoL

No comments:

Post a Comment