Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kind of creepy

This one's kind of creepy.

The baby turns towards us. Check out that creepy face! Morgan said it looks like "The Punisher." Courtney agreed. I chuckled and kindly asked her to move him/her back to profile.

So, I learned a few things this last appointment. Here they are:

1. The baby is taking in and swallowing amniotic fluid then peeing it out. Kind of gross but I'm told it's normal.

2. I shouldn't eat honey or peanut butter. I'm sorry, but I've found little evidence online to support cutting these foods out of my diet. Here's one article that says peanuts and peanut butter can actually prevent peanut allergies in children. This one says the opposite. Honey is a tough one because it could contain botulism.

I love peanut butter and honey and I don't think either in moderation will be harmful. That's just my opinion on the subject. What do you think?

3. Prenatal massages are different than regular massages in that the masseuse does not rub the back of the ankles. Doing so can induce contractions. Crazy, right?

Morgan and I are vacationing in Aruba in two weeks. Hopefully by then my belly will be pregnant big and not chubby big (like it is now).

My weight is normal. I've gained two pounds since my last appointment, which I'm told is normal.

Hope you all enjoy the videos and update!

xoxoL

5 comments:

  1. Nooooooo, I said it looks like The Predator. And it does! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think peanut butter should be okay in moderation, but you really should stop smoking and drinking

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about Jack the Pumpkin King?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Lily and Morgan!!! When is "the due date"? Late august?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Liz! The due date is Aug. 22.

    ReplyDelete