Monday, June 28, 2010

From whale to fox

LOS ANGELES, CA - JUNE 27: Musician Alicia Keys performs onstage during the 2010 BET Awards held at the Shrine Auditorium on June 27, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)

Earlier I wrote about how much of a heifer I feel like lately.

Well, in the interest of making lemonade out of lemons, I thought I'd post this story about how sexy Alicia Keys looked at last night's BET Awards -- belly bump and all.

Here's a taste:

"Instead of looking at the body you used to have, think about the one you have now. The added curves, and defined breasts, can be a blessing instead of a curse. Pregnancy hormones also give you thicker hair, longer nails, and glowing skin. Use those new looks to your advantage!"

OK. I'm getting there mentally.

3 comments:

  1. She does look nice but lets talk to her in 7+ months .... and see if she still feels the same way... Oh and I bet having a personal trainer, chef and stylist doesnt hurt... lol sorry, I m with you Lily, and I was just told I could gain more weight... No thanks! 2 weeks to go... I am huge, my belly is all elbows, knees and feet. there is no more room, and I have been trying to talk him (zayden) into coming out early... explaining to him that there is much more room out here for him...

    As for your last one about feeling ready, I cant speak for everyone but I know that I dont feel ready nor do I feel like I will so your not alone... But here goes nothing right?

    Someone asked me the other day if I was scared... Haha I said no I am scared Sh*tless. Of what they asked, giving birth or after? I said well, first I am scared of labor and then I will be scared of the rest, one step at a time. :) I will let you know how it goes here sooner than later hopefully.

    Take Care, and for goodness sakes get me some belly pics, I want to know I am not the only person with a ginormous belly here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great response! It makes me feel so good and normal to know that you are experiencing the same emotions I am. Do all pregnant women feel this way in the weeks leading up to birth? How can they not, right?

    How's your nesting urge, by the way? Morgan can tell you that I'm out of control. It's unlike anything I've ever felt before. Making it worse is the fact that our house has been under construction for months now so it's been very hard for me to find pockets to make peaceful and clean and comfortable.

    The good news is that the baby's room is about done. We just need to put together the furniture as we get it and hang some pictures. Phew.

    Sorry about the lack of belly photos. I'm kind of self conscious now, but I'll get over it and post a couple for you. :)

    xoxoL

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I saw your July 4th pictures on FB and you look beautiful. No weight in your face whatsoever. Just belly.

    ReplyDelete