Monday, June 28, 2010

Ellie's the size of a squash, I feel like a whale

While I've gained the appropriate amount of weight so far for my size, I am feeling tremendously heavy at the moment.

Adding insult to injury is the fact that M and I are taking our maternity pictures Wednesday! Usually before such big events where a camera will be focused mostly me (i.e. my wedding, graduation, etc.) I go on a crash diet and hit the tanning bed. Not options for this upcoming photo shoot, although I will be using bronzing lotion tonight and tomorrow in preparation for my close-up.

Sorry if I sound shallow. You've probably already tuned out, but I just have to add that taking bad pictures isn't my only source of anxiety right now. My house is in ruins (although I do appreciate the amount of work M put into it this past weekend), my ankles are swollen (can you say cankles?), I haven't exercised in weeks and I'm really starting to feel the reality of this baby coming despite my not being prepared for her yet. Will I ever feel prepared? Is it like one of those things that people tell you about it never being a perfect time to conceive?

I have to believe M and I will be amazing parents. In my heart I really do feel that. I guess that's all that matters. Dust and clutter and cankles are fleeting, right?

xoxoL

No comments:

Post a Comment