Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's a girl!

Today has been a great day.

Morgan and I went over to Baby Waves, which provides parents-to-be with 4D images of their little bundle of joy. Today I am 15 weeks and 3 days so we thought maybe it would be possible to find out the sex of our baby.

We were right! (Get a load of the pictures).

Mary, the ultrasonographer and owner of Baby Waves, knew almost right away what we having after looking at the 2D image, but she decided to play with us a bit.

Morgan and I were clueless until Mary handed us a Mounds candy bar. If we were having a boy she would have handed us an Almond Joy. Get it? Almond Joys have nuts. Mounds don't. No nuts=a girl! Very funny, Mary.

Of course I immediately began to cry and didn't stop until we finished with our appointment. Then, as soon as I called my mom on the car ride home the flood gates opened again. I just couldn't help myself. We're having a little girl!

We have already picked out a name: Eleanor Grace Cox. (Please don't hold us to this because she might pop out and really be a Kathryn or a Clare). Right now, though, we love Eleanor Grace. Eleanor was my grandmother's name by the way and we've just always loved the name Grace.

One last thing about the name: It actually sounds good with Cox. Winner!

Since Morgan was right about the sex, he won our little bet and therefore I had to buy him his favorite desert.

So, in a minute we will cut into a delicious carrot cake. By the way, if it'd been a boy like a said it would, we would be sitting down to slices of Carvel ice cream cake. Yumminess either way.

xoxoL

P.S. My next post will contain video.


1 comment: