Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sunny Saturdays and my growing belly

Here's to wearing my very first piece of maternity clothing!

I wore a long-sleeved, black, cotton shirt Friday courtesy of Lillie Besozzi. The only aspect of it that I think gave me away was the ruching on the sides.

It was just too comfortable to pass up and lately my wardrobe has been getting a lot smaller. Currently, my favorite pair of jeans is sulking in the back of my closet. No amount of sucking in will get those puppies to button and I no longer can use the rubber band method on them so they will just have to chill for a few months until I get my body back, and I will get my body back.

Speaking of, I have continued to work out these past few months and I don't plan to quit until right before baby Ellie is born. Today, Morgan and I went on a walk with Dave and our friends, Frank and Lauren and their dog, Callie. It was beautiful outside. Sunny and warm.

Studies show (and it makes sense) that eating nutritious meals and sticking to an exercise plan can make labor and delivery easier or at least more tolerable and also decrease my chances of developing health problems including backaches, varicose veins, high blood pressure and gestational diabetes.

Bottom line, I want my body to be prepared for and capable of handling what's ahead.

Oh and I do one day want to be able to fit back into my favorite jeans...

Tomorrow marks the beginning of my 16th week. Morgan and I decided we're going to take a tummy picture every Sunday from here on out to track my expanding circumference. I'll post it here tomorrow.

Also, stay tuned for an update Thursday from my next appointment with Julie the midwife. I don't think I'll get another ultrasound this time around, but they will be drawing some more blood. Yippee!

I've made a list of topics I need to discuss with her. Here they are:

1. Need a note to give to human resources at work explaining in detail what I can and can't do on the job especially while working the cop beat.

2. Prescription for prenatal pills.

3. Begin to discuss birth plan

Am I missing anything?

Here's what I have to do before seeing Julie:

1. Pick a pediatrician and contact him/her

2. Choose a parenting/birthing crash course and sign up for it.



3 comments:

  1. Lilly,

    Your favorite jeans dont have to be put away, go to target or something like it and find yourself a bella band, it is a stretchy band that you wear over your belly and jeans making it so you can wear them unbuttoned :) and you can wear it early through late pregnancy and even after you give birth. it will just look like you are wearing a tank top under your shirt... try it out let me know what you think... i just got one, so far so good.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily,
    Just want you to know how much I look forward to reading your blog and love the videos of Ellie. Watching for your next baby-belly picture and the details of your midwife appointment on Thursday. Sounds like you are really on a good path of healthy eating & exercise. Keep us posted on your progress and Baby Ellie's development. xox Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reba,

    On your suggestion (and the suggestion of all my online baby magazines) I finally went out yesterday and bought a belly band. I'm wearing it right now and I've gotta tell you...I love it!

    Great suggestion. Keep them coming please!

    Carole,

    I love you! Thanks for reading. It's fun to keep everyone updated. I'm just about to post a little something about my 16 week appointment. Enjoy!

    xoxoL

    ReplyDelete