Friday, March 12, 2010

Baby slings of death!

Morgan and I were just talking yesterday about baby slings and how we can't wait to get one for Ellie.

Well, oddly enough, today the Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a safety warning today on the suffocation risks of baby slings. I got this news from The Bump, an online newsletter from the makers of the popular wedding site, The Knot.

Wouldn't you know the second I opened The Bump email regarding baby slings of death Katie Couric popped up on TV with a story about the CPSC safety warning on the hazards associated with baby slings! Weird, huh?

Anyway, I'm going to reconsider the sling.

2 comments:

  1. Use a Moby Wrap!!! my sister, her husband, and me have all carried her 2 babies around in the moby wrap and no suffocation problems. Plus the babies love it, its like being back in the womb. here's the link http://www.mobywrap.com
    DK

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what my midwife used too. She says it's awesome! I'll have to do some more research.

    ReplyDelete