Thursday, May 6, 2010

Weekly update

Going into this work week I knew each day would challenge me in a different way.

Monday I covered media day for the upcoming Best Ranger Competition along with the 50th "birthday" celebration for the "Follow Me" statue. If you live in the area, I encourage you to come out to the BRC either Saturday or Sunday. It really is fun to watch.

Tuesday the 598th Maintenance Company deployed to Afghanistan so I was on post again to speak to families and soldiers.

Wednesday the Columbus Rotary hosted guest speaker Dutch Van Kirk, the last surviving member of the Enola Gay crew. The Enola Gay dropped the first atomic bomb on Hiroshima in August of 1945. I also wrote about a group of local high school students who held a Skype session with a group of Iraqi teens. That story hasn't run yet.

Today's story for Friday will be about Best Ranger, which begins Friday. Then I'll be out at the competition all weekend. Check my military blog for updates.

Frankly I'm tired. At this point it's just about getting through each day, one at a time, without making any major mistakes.

On the pregnancy front, Eleanor seems to be doing really well. She has definitely established a sleeping pattern that I can now set my clock by. Typically, she's up when I'm down and vice versa. That's just fine by me because it's nice to feel her moving around when I have the time to stop and enjoy it.

After this weekend I'll be taking some much needed time off even though I'm not quite sure when exactly that time will be. All I know is this pace is getting tougher to maintain with each passing week. I can only hope things will soon slow a bit.

One last thing. I know I owe the blog some belly pictures. Things are just crazy right now so all I can say is they'll be up soon.

xoxoL

No comments:

Post a Comment