Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nursery help

Does anyone know of a color (other than chocolate brown) that goes well with pale pink?

I ask because I need to give Morgan some paint options for the nursery and he's really uncomfortable with an all-pink room.

My preference is to paint the whole room a pale pink and be done with it, but for some reason M is fighting me on it so instead of complaining and sulking and doing all those things I tend to do when I don't get my way, I'm going to look at this conundrum as an opportunity to get creative with color.

Take a look at this room. The color is called Robin's Nest by Benjamin Moore. M could perhaps install a chair rail in the room and we could paint the top half a pale pink and the bottom half Robin's Nest.

I also like the idea of striping the room pink and white or choosing two pink tones like this to stripe it.

Sticking with the chair rail thing, we could do a champagne for the bottom half and pink for the top too.

What do you guys think?

This web site has a lot of cute ideas. Check it out, have some fun and help a preggo in need all at the same time!!!

6 comments:

  1. I like pink and green together for a baby girl's room. This palette might give you an idea of what I mean:

    http://inchmark.squarespace.com/storage/pink_green.jpg

    The color combo is pretty popular right now, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to find bedding, curtains, etc if you decided you liked it.

    Good luck guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could also find wallpaper with a nice pink pattern, paper the bottom half or third of the wall, paint the top and put a chair rail over the seam. If you use super strippable wallpaper, it shouldn't be too much of a pain when you go to redo the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I had actually thought of doing a green because I do like how well it goes with pale pink. This weekend I'm heading over to Lowes to check out some blue/green options. I'll let you know how it goes.

    Becky, the wallpaper option is also a great suggestion. It never even crossed my mind to consider wallpapering the bottom half. When I'm at Lowes this weekend I'll take a look at what will go with the pink I've already picked out. If I can get a pretty patterned wallpaper perhaps in a soothing silver gray with like a stencil pattern of some sort on it I might just go that route. Here's what I'm envisioning:

    http://www.stencilease.com/gif/SWP0116.jpg

    Overall, I want the room to be a soothing place to sit and be with Eleanor. No harsh colors or lighting. Just a place of calm and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To go off Becky's post, you could always do a wallpaper border along the top or middle of the room. When my mom let me redo my room at home, I put a wall paper border along the top of the wall and really liked it. I like the light green pink combo too =-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Lily, it's me, Kathy Flaherty, Sara's Mom. You look so incredibly gorgeous -- I love your baby bump and I love your baby's name! A suggestion, go to a paint store that sells Benjamin Moore paint and check out the color "peaceful breeze". It's a very light taupe color that goes with everything...that way you can put anything with it -- especially pink...white woodwork looks awesome with it...just a suggestion -- keep it simple and light and bright without being too girlie...Morgan will like it -- trust me. I love your blog...keep doing what you're doing. You and Morgan will be the best Mom and Dad...
    xoxox
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mrs. Flaherty!

    I'm so sorry I'm just responding to your post now. I didn't realize you'd written on my blog until Sara told me during the baby shower this past weekend.

    Because Morgan hasn't started the baby's room yet I'll go check out Peaceful Breeze and see how he likes it. Right now we're thinking of going with two tones of pink (the lighter one that I like will go on top of the chair rail and a slightly darker shade will go below it). You never know though. Maybe Peaceful Breeze will be our favorite!

    Thanks so much for the suggestion and keep reading.

    xoxoL

    ReplyDelete