Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dilated!

Monday I had an appointment with midwife Julie and she ran the Group B Strep test on me. I don't know what the results are yet, but I guess if I'm positive for the infection, I have to have antibiotics during labor.

That's not the cool news, though. Julie wasn't initially going to check me to see if I'm dilated because I'm only 36 weeks, but I was curious and she is sweet so she did and I am!!!

I'm 1 cm dilated and 90 percent effaced, which means that my cervix is 90 percent thinned. Read about effacement and dilation here.

Also, Eleanor's head is apparently quite low. It actually surprised Julie how low she is in my uterus. My mom aptly (and hilariously) pointed out that I'm now sitting on my baby's head. Thanks mom!

Julie guessed that I won't make it to 40 weeks. I hope she's right. I'm ready, I think. I'd like Julie to be on call when I go into labor, though, and apparently she's not on the schedule next week so hopefully Ellie holds out for another week, but I guess she'll come when she wants to so I need to just go with the flow.

So, baby time is fast approaching. How exciting!

Momma G is coming into town tomorrow. We're going to focus our energy on completing the nursery and cleaning the house. I can't wait to hug her!

xoxoL

No comments:

Post a Comment